What is an Almond?
Most people think an almond is part of the nut family, but it is actually a seed. It comes from a tree that is native to the Middle East and South Asia. Most production of almonds in the United States is concentrated in California. The almond can be sweet or bitter, with sweet almonds being the edible ones. The bitter almonds are used to make almond oil which is used to flavor food. The great thing about almonds is they can be eaten by themselves as a snack or added to salads and casseroles.
Backattack Snacks Almonds
I just recently had the opportunity to try these almonds, and WOW they are delicious!! They come in FOUR unique flavor combinations. If you crave something sweet with a little “kick” to it, the SWEET STINGER ALMONDS will be a perfect match for your craving.
If you tend to crave chocolate and have tried cocoa covered almonds before, you REALLY need to try the CHOCOLATE FIRECRACKER ALMONDS. These give you that chocolate flavor without the added sugar, and a little “kick” from some cayenne pepper added to it. GREAT flavor combination!
These last two flavors were both my favorite……but I will admit, they were all VERY tasty so it was hard to narrow it down. The ORIGINAL ALMONDS are not like any other original flavored almond you may have tried before. These have an amazing smokey flavor to them and I promise you will have to eat more than just one to figure out what the amazing flavors are!! I had my husband try all the almonds and before he had a chance to tell me which he liked the best, the 1.5oz pack of ORIGINAL ALMONDS was empty!!
Last, but not least, was the WASABI GINGER ALMONDS. The crazy thing is, I do not like wasabi but this flavor combination was DELICIOUS!!! Neither flavor overpowered the other, they mixed well together. I even had my dad try the four flavors and this was his FAVORITE!!
If you enjoy almonds, I ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY THESE!!
Where Can You Get Backattack Snacks Almonds?
First, check out the Backattack Snacks website! Get 10% off your order using the code: FITANDFAB
If you live in the Cleveland area, here is a list of Farmer’s Markets to check them out:
Thursday- Painesville and University Hospitals
Friday- Playhouse Square (once a month)
Saturday-Crocker Park and Frostville
They are also available at select Crossfit gyms in the Cleveland area
**A portion of the sales will help fund research for ARVD/C at the Johns Hopkins Heart and Vascular Institute in Baltimore, Maryland
SAMPLE THESE ALMONDS FRIDAY MAY 6, 2016
Backattack Snacks is part of the Heinen’s Shark Bank Competition at the Cleveland downtown Heinen’s. The competition runs from 11-1 so stop in and sample the almonds and VOTE!!!
Health Benefits of an Almond
- Regulates Cholesterol
- Increase in high-density lipoproteins (HDL)
- Strengthens Immune System
- Alkali materials in the almond increase the bodies ability to fight off disease and Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant
- Great for Brain Health
- Contains riboflavin and L-carnitine which help increase brain activity
- Reduce Inflammation in the Body
- Almonds provide linoleic and linolenic fatty acids which help reduce inflammation around the body
- Great for Heart Health
- The monounsaturated fat and potassium provide heart health, magnesium can help avoid heart attacks, and folic acid helps reduce homocysteine levels which is known to cause plaque buildup in the arteries
- Increase Bone Strength
- Contains phosphorus which provide strength and durability for bones and teeth, and can help prevent osteoporosis
- Regulates Blood Pressure
- Potassium found in almonds helps regulate blood pressure
- Boosts Energy
- Almonds contain manganese, Riboflavin, and copper which help your metabolism and boost energy levels
- Great for Pregnant Women
- Folic acid is known to help reduce birth defects in babies and stimulates healthy cell growth and tissue formation
- Helps with Weight Loss
- The monounsaturated fat and fiber found in almonds helps provide a feeling of fullness which can help prevent over-eating
- Provides Protein for Rebuilding Muscles